"A silly ad is how you get attention, right? Well, the Republican candidate for California's 36th Congressional District, which covers Venice, the South Bay, San Pedro and parts of South L.A., has certainly done that.
Just two days after launching her first ad -- basically an attention-seeking viral video -- against incumbent and Democrat Jane Harman, Mattie Fein's tongue-and-cheek version of Young Frankenstein has garnered over 22,000 views. She mocks Harman by casting her as Frau Blücher, who at one point claims Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ex-boyfriend (notice a photo of him on the wall).
Harman has been in Congress since 1993, but gave up the seat to unsuccessfully run for Governor in 1998. Janice Hahn, now a Los Angeles City Councilmember, ran and lost against Republican Steven T. Kuykendall who took the seat until Harman won it back in the 2000 election."
Who do you think the target audience is for this video? Did it appeal to you? Why or why not?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades