On 2 October 2010 Univision held the first Spanish-English debate in the state, which was hosted by CSU Fresno.
One of the issues discussed was the Dream Act. An undocumented student from Fresno State University with honors and a double major asked both candidates their position on the Dream Act.
Brown responded that he supports the Dream Act. He states "Ms. Whitman goes beyond opposing the Dream Act. She wants to kick you out of the school because you are not documented, and that is wrong – morally and humanly."
Whitman started off by complimenting the illegal student for what she had accomplished. The Whitman talked about the lack of money for schools and available spaces at the universities. She says it was not fair to the people here legally that she gets a chance to be in school and they do not. As a result, those available spaces for classes should be given to citizen students and not illegal aliens.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades